Monday, October 19, 2009

A friday at the SL Live Music Scene



This day I chose to go listen to 2 performers in Second Life: Tarragon Pelous at The Gershwin Room and Eponine Dench at Ka-Leo-Lani Beach Club..hehe...yes...it's real enough.


The Gershwin Room is a very nice standard venue that I would describe as cozy and with an intimate athmosphere over it. It has a bar in one end and the stage at the other....not too big..not too small...you would always know who threw that beer at you.


On the walls they have posters hanging of all artists that have played there and they seem to be rather busy in SL.


Tarragon Pelous is an australian singer in SL that does mainly original stuff. He likes to write songs about political stuff...but hey....we also got a kind-of lovesong. On his repertoire is also songs very much inspired by everyday life...and I am not claiming that love...is not a part of that...Would get me mutilated if so.


Tarragon announced in the beginning that he was kinda friday night intoxicated...maybe not the thing to start a show with...but....even though he was...he delivered a quite fascinating show with a mixture of the above mentioned subjects.

At some point while saying thank you for the tips he mentioned that he was saving up for a new harmonica..and you know what?.....I believe he will succeed..it was a real pleasure listening to Tarragon Pelous.

Next stop was Eponine Dench at Ka-Leo-Lani Beach Club.....I love that name!

Its a very nice open venue with a hawaiian look over it..palms...blue water and all.

I arrived at the venue 8 mins before showstart.....and no one was there!...So Iwas thinking it would yet another miss of an Eponine concert as had already happened at Falling Waters this summer.


Fortunately everyone (Eponine, Staff and people) came in 2 mins before the event was set to start and it startet almost on time...But!...Personally I hate that...it's unprofessional and no one is that busy...in my opinion ofcourse. But then again...I am not part of the club...maybe they are used to that...but...what about new people...like me?




Eponine Dench is a lovely singer using backingtracks of the most popular songs in different genres over the years and she does them well......mostly.

Maybe because of the rushed start the soundlevel on the backingtracks was too low or the voice a lot too high...you choose...but the balance was non-existing at this concert.


Eponine has a lovely voice and you can tell she likes to sing. The voice sounds the best in the middle levels because when it is stretched it loses power and we go a bit off on the note. As a sideremark I experienced the same at a following show later in the weekend.

I requested 2 of my favorite songs: Smooth Operator by Sade and Songbird by Eva Cassidy. She delivered both of them nicely..but Songbird came out the best.

The thing I loved was the contact with the audience...commenting on what was said...I like to do that myself...and it always helps to have many regulars in the audience...so you can throw something out...and get the ping-pong going.

That was all from me at this time...see you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment